Information we Collect
We collect information through our website, social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter), and from available other online and offline sources. To the extent the information we collect is of a personal nature, as described below, it will be collected on a voluntary basis – you have a choice to provide or withhold such personal data. You are under no obligation to provide us with any personal information while browsing our website.
However, please note that information such as IP address, browser type, mobile device type, pages visited, Media Access Control (MAC) address, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, time of visit and/or the duration of the use may be recorded automatically. Collecting browser activities or IP addresses is common practice for purposes such as calculating usage levels and helping diagnose server problems.
Personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact details you provide to us, including your name, email address, postal address, and phone number. We may collect this information over the phone or email, during a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys, donation forms and event registration/participation (including volunteering). However, we will only collect your contact details with your consent, which we will obtain through our consent form.
- Social media details provided to us through our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. We will only collect basic identification details from social media platforms used by you to access our social media pages.
- Financial information including sensitive personal data and information such as credit card, netbanking, or other payment information. [We use third party payment gateways for processing donations.]
- Photographs and audio-visual recordings of St. Jude India’s events you may attend. We will seek your consent in person prior to collecting and/or using this information.
Except for credit card and payment related information or unless explicitly requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., government identification numbers, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the website or otherwise to us.
How we use Your Data
Any information collected by us will be kept confidential. We do not, and will not, sell your data to third parties.
Broadly, we may use your information to:
- send you news about St. Jude India’s or information regarding events or fundraising activities;
- respond to inquiries/questions/comments;
- process donations upon your request;
- register you as a donor, supporter or volunteer upon your request;
- analyse usage and improve our website or social media pages; or
- protect against fraud or unauthorised transactions and manage risk exposure by identifying potential hackers or unauthorised users.
If you choose to provide us with your payment or credit card information, we will use that information strictly for the purposes for which it was provided.
Disclosures Required under Law
Beyond this, we will only share your information if we are required to do so by law. This may include disclosure under applicable law to comply with any legal process or to provide information to aid any investigation including where matters of public safety are involved or to respond to any judicial or quasi-judicial process and provide information to any statutory, legislative or governmental authorities, including laws outside your country of residence, or responding to requests from government authorities, including government authorities outside your country of residence. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our website for illegal activities and may, in our sole discretion, disclose information to satisfy any applicable laws, regulations, or government requests. Additionally, we reserve the right to voluntarily release any information about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities, without any court order or summons, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate our website or to protect our rights and/or property, or that of our directors, employees, partners, agents.
We will retain your personal information only for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it has been provided, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Sharing Your Data Outside India
We will not share your data with another entity within or outside India unless such other entity provides the same level of security as is required by the Data Privacy Rules and such data transfer is necessary for the provision of services to the provider of the data. In any event, we will not transfer your data to an entity in another country unless such country is considered ‘adequate’ under the GDPR. Even if these conditions are met, we will only share your data with your consent, unless we are required to disclose it by law.
Your Legal Rights
In relation to any personal information you provide to us, you have the following legal rights:
- The right to access a copy of your data, as well as to be informed of how your data is being used.
- The right to rectify any inaccuracies in your data.
- The right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances.
- The right to have the processing of your data suspended in certain circumstances, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data we are processing.
- The right to object to the processing of your information in certain circumstances, for example if you want us to establish the legal basis on which we are processing your data.
- The right to object to any automated decision-making about you which produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the Data Privacy Rules or GDPR, as applicable.
Where the lawful basis for processing your data is consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent or exercise any of your rights in relation to your data by contacting our data processing officer, whose details are listed below. However, this will not affect the validity of any lawful processing of your data up until the time when you withdraw your consent. Some of the rights listed above may only be exercised in certain circumstances, and where lawfully permitted, we reserve the right to not comply with a request from you to exercise them.
Third Party Content and Links
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which we have no control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third - party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
Security and Protection
We have implemented technology and policies, with the objective of protecting your data from unauthorised access and improper use, and periodically review the same. We use internet to collect and process your information, in accordance with the provisions described in this Policy. Since the internet is a globally accessible platform, your data undergoes transmission on an international level and cannot always be completely insulated from unauthorized use and access. By accepting this Policy, you consent to our use of the internet to collect, store and transmit your data to and from our servers. In the event any or all of your data is disclosed to any user and/ or unauthorized third party for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, by reason of an error in transmission, an act or omission committed by any person or for any other reason, St. Jude India cannot be held liable or responsible in any capacity/manner whatsoever.
We may occasionally modify and/or update this Policy and such changes will be posted on this page. If we make any significant changes to this Policy, we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on our website or to your email address on record and where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, your continued use of our website after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy shall constitute your consent to the updated Policy.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you based solely on automated means. We will notify you in writing if this changes.
Change or Updating Your Data
Should you wish to change, update, modify or correct your data in any way, you may write to us. We endeavour to ensure protection of your data at all times and may require you to furnish additional proof of identity such as an identity card in order to make any changes.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this Policy or our practices, you may contact us online, call us at +91 22 23515174/75, send us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at:
St. Jude India ChildCare Centres
628-629, 6th Floor, Arun Chambers, Tardeo,
Mumbai Central, Mumbai 400034
Last updated: 2 November, 2018